close Video Rep. Lauren Boebert: Equality Act ‘is anything but equality’ Colorado Republican joins ‘Fox News @ Night’ to discuss the sweeping legislation pushed by progressives Rep. Lauren Boebert , R-Colo., called Wednesday for Facebook to be broken up after the social media giant's oversight committee affirmed a decision to suspend former President Donald Trump's account following the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol. “It blows my mind when Facebook tries to act as the judge, jury and executioner when it comes to regulating our free speech,” Boebert said in a statement. “Congress has given major corporations like the MLB and Facebook privileged exemptions from antitrust laws for years, allowing them to have an unfair advantage. “It was wrong to give corporate welfare to begin with, and it is still wrong now. It is time for woke leftist corporations to lose their privileged status and be broken up,” she added. REPUBLICANS THREATEN TO BREAK UP FACEBOOK OVER OVERSIGHT BOARD DECISION Boebert joined other GOP lawmakers, including House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy of California and Sen. Rick Scott of Florida, who called for an antitrust crackdown on Facebook and other tech giants in response to the decision. Prominent Republicans have long… Read full this story
- White House Backs Facebook Two Year Suspension of Donald Trump
- As the Taliban's takeover continues, the world calls for sanctions on Pakistan
- Trump Files Lawsuit Against Twitter, Facebook, Google and Their CEOs Zuckerberg, Pichai, Dorsey
- Facebook Fails to Appease Organizers of Ad Boycott
- Federal Government Sues Facebook—Again—After Court Struck Down First Lawsuit
- Fact Check: Did Twitter violate President Trump's First Amendment rights?
- What Donald Trump said about his class-action lawsuit against Facebook, Twitter and Google
- Twitter to review Taliban tweets for violations amid backlash over Trump ban
- Donald Trump blocked by Twitter and Facebook after US Capitol violence
- Facebook refuses to comment on celebrity boycott after millions briefly wiped from stock
Boebert blasts Facebook over continued Trump suspension, calls for antitrust action have 310 words, post on www.foxnews.com at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.