Kindly Share This Story: By Steve Oko Former General Superintendent of the Assemblies of God Nigeria, the Rev. Dr Charles Osueke is dead. The late GS who led the church for 22 years as GS before his retirement in November 2010, died in the early hours of Thursday according to a source close to the church. The source said the 79-year old preacher was hospitalized sometime last week following ill health but was later discharged from the hospital. According to the source, the late cleric had his night devotion as usual on Wednesday night before going to bed but could not make it in the morning as he passed on later. Confirming the news of his demise, a former Executive Council member of the church, the Rev. P. K Emeaba, when contacted, told our Correspondent that he just arrived at the Enugu residence of the former GS to condole with the family. Also read: Sanwo-Olu, Emefiele lead conversation on public healthcare He said he (Osueke) was reported sick a few days ago and taken to the hospital but discharged two days ago, adding that upon the receipt of the sad news he left Okpoto where the church leaders had gathered… Read full this story
- Another deadly fire rips through Kenyan capital's main market
- The 18 best video games of 2018, from ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ to ‘God of War’
- 'This isn't me. It's reality TV': The Bachelorette's 'Dirty Jess' Glasgow breaks down on live radio as his political career falls apart over 'vile' sexist comments... after being 'told to RESIGN by Noosa Mayor'
- Urgent : Three dead in France in suspected jihadist shooting spree
- Anti-Kremlin journalist back from the dead as Ukraine admits set-up
- Guaido ramps up pressure after deadly Venezuela border clashes
- Details emerge on deadly moto-taxi brawl
- Engineers inspect deadly Bangkok crane collapse site
- Dispel harmful notions of an angry God
- Duterte breaks moratorium on statements vs Church
Breaking: Assemblies of God former GS, Osueke is dead have 306 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.