EXCLUSIVE by Atif Azam • Published on Share Tweet “This Covid period has been particularly disruptive to the team’s progress” © Getty Graham Ford, the Ireland head coach, is in Bangladesh with the Ireland Wolves side after Pete Johnson declined to travel to the country. The former Natal player opens up about his coaching experience with the Ireland team, the challenges to the team’s progress due to the pandemic, their Test ambitions and more in an interview with Cricbuzz. Excerpts: You’ve coached in different parts of the world. How different has your experience been with Ireland? Ireland is a small cricketing nation and the players certainly don’t have the development opportunities that talented players have in the bigger cricketing countries. However, Irish cricket has always been about team togetherness, character and a fearless approach. Over the years, it has been these qualities that have helped them to achieve some special results. How much improvement have you seen in the Ireland team since taking over as the head coach? Unfortunately, this Covid period has been particularly disruptive to the team’s progress. Prior to the pandemic, we had started to build towards the future and had involved some exciting younger lads to… Read full this story
- Afghanistan face difficult climb up Test ladder
- Boundless Possible: NT rebrands itself to shake Crocodile Dundee image and grow population
- Wriddhiman Saha undergoes surgery for fractured finger, expected to be fit in time for New Zealand Test series
- They want to keep me in custody as long as possible: Chidambaram
- India vs West Indies live cricket score and ball by ball commentary, 2nd Test, Day 4: India beat West Indies by 257 runs to capture series 2-0
- Australian singer Johnny Ruffo helps sick kids at Sydney Children's Hospital test and review the hottest toys this Christmas for Amazon
- Uddhav Thackeray-led Maha Vikas Aghadi Govt Sails Through Floor Test in Maharashtra after BJP MLAs Skip Voting
- Securities rule curbs 'pay-to-play' schemes for public pensions
- Google will roll out its 'Play Pass' subscription service 'soon'
- 'It's all a Westminster conspiracy': Rattled Salmond rants after Royal Bank of SCOTLAND says it will quit country after 'Yes' vote
'Envious of other countries but without sufficient finances, not possible for us to play more Tests' have 351 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.