Online crafts marketplace Etsy this afternoon reported Q1 revenue and profit that topped analysts’ expectations, and an outlook for this quarter’s revenue that was higher as well. However, Etsy forecast its profit margin may be lower this quarter than last, and Etsy shares sank by 7% in late trading . CEO Josh Silverman remarked that the “incredible momentum” of the preceding year had continued into the quarter Added Silverman, “We moved the needle by growing our team to deliver an exciting product roadmap aligned with our Right to Win strategy, and are executing a dynamic marketing strategy focused on driving frequency and keeping our buyers engaged. “In a time when human connection is so vital, Etsy provides a one-of-a-kind community where sellers are empowered to grow their businesses, reaching buyers who value finding items that express their unique identity, while putting their money where their heart is.” Revenue in the three months ended in March rose by 142%, year over year, to $550.6 million, yielding a net profit of $1 a share. Analysts had been modeling $530 million and 92 cents per share. Etsy’s volume of total goods transacted for on its site, the gross merchandise sales, rose 132.3%, year… Read full this story
- Maithan Alloys clocks 13% fall in profit for FY19
- Did lack of pigskin lead to Buffalo Wild Wings stock plummeting?
- Reds’ rookie rotation could turn into success down the road
- NFL Week 15 rundown
- Florida takes top seed in Vegas’ latest March Madness projection
- Has trend toward extensions reduced rate of roster turnover?
- FANTASY NASCAR PREVIEW: GEICO 500 PREVIEW
- Forward Pass: First College Football Playoff poll will shock the system
- Let it snow and the wind blow for Packers-Vikings
- Jesse Temple revisits his (near-perfect) preseason predictions
Etsy stock falls as Q1 results beat expectations, profit margin forecast to decline have 275 words, post on www.zdnet.com at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.