LIC-controlled IDBI Bank turned profitable in the fiscal ended in March 2021 after five years, posting a net profit of Rs 1,359 crore for the year. In 2019-20, the lender had posted a net loss of Rs 12,887 crore. IDBI Bank is back in black after five years, said the lender. In the last quarter of the fiscal year 2020-21, the bank reported a nearly four-fold jump in its net profit to Rs 512 crore, IDBI Bank said in a release. The bank had posted a profit of Rs 135 crore in the year-ago quarter. The bank, which came out of the RBI's prompt corrective action (PCA) framework earlier in March this year, said its turnaround strategies led to the transformation. Total income during Q4FY21 rose to Rs 6,969.59 crore from Rs 6,924.94 crore in the same period of 2019-20. The full year income, however, was down at Rs 24,557 crore as against Rs 25,295 crore. Gross NPA (non-performing asset) ratio improved to 22.37 per cent as on March 31, 2021 as against 27.53 per cent in the year-ago period. Net NPA improved to 1.97 per cent from 4.19 per cent, IDBI Bank said. The bank said its recovery from… Read full this story
- Aditya Puri family nets Rs 200 crore selling HDB stake
- Paytm, Jio, Airtel and other payment banks losses mount to Rs 626 crore in aggregate
- Payments banks like Paytm, Jio, Airtel see losses climb to Rs 626 crore in aggregate
- How much should I invest for next 25 years to create a retirement corpus of Rs 2 crore?
- Honda Cars India posts profit of Rs 257 crore in FY18
- Banks' asset quality improves as NPAs remain stable
- Events that rocked the banking sector in 2019
- Government of India sanctions a release of Rs 4,360 crore to Indian Overseas Bank
- Government ups capital infusion in IOB to Rs 4,360 crore
- Govt ups IOB cap infusion to Rs 4,360cr
IDBI Bank Back in Black in FY21 After 5 Years, Posts Profit of Rs 1,359 Crore have 294 words, post on www.news18.com at May 3, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.