Getty Rep. Eric Swalwell squarely blames Donald Trump and the former president’s cohorts for the violent mob that stormed the Capitol, saying he texted his wife what he believed might be his final words before he was killed. Swalwell is suing Trump, along with Donald Trump Jr. , Rudy Giuliani and Rep. Mo Brooks for encouraging the crowd to take care of business at the same time the Congress was certifying the Presidential election. Getty Swalwell says as he watched in horror as the rioters breached the Capitol, he texted his wife, “I love you very much. And our babies.” He says he listened to the House Chaplain pray for the members inside the House Chamber. Getty Swalwell’s lawsuit is the real deal because he has legal standing to sue for his personal emotional distress, although the lawsuit also suggests he has standing as a member of Congress to sue for the disruption of the electoral process. Play video content Storyful Swalwell alleges the emotional distress inflicted by the rioters was intentional on the part of Trump and company, and he outlines the various, well-chronicled examples where Trump, Trump Jr., Giuliani and Brooks ginned up the crowd both in advance… Read full this story
- ‘Blue Chip’ Activist Roger Wilkins Dies
- News Overload Is Perfect for Donald Trump
- It's Google No-Longer-The-CEO Eric Schmidt
- Hometown Papers Urge Rep. Conyers to Resign
- Will Trump-Friendly Sinclair Face Consequences for ‘Fake Stories’ Script?
- Your Ultimate Auntie, Rep. Maxine Waters, Takes ‘Knuck if You Buck’ Stance on Trump
- It’s OK to Discuss Trump’s Mental Health
- I went back home to Louisiana to meet a black televangelist pastor who's voting for Trump
- Donald Trump, Racist-in-Chief: Here Are the 10 Most Racist Things He’s Done So Far
- Eric Trump Bragged That Funding For Family Golf Courses Came From Russia, Reporter Says
Rep Eric Swalwell Sues Trump Over Riot, I Thought I Was Going to Die have 298 words, post on www.tmz.com at May 3, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.