The Hanoi Academy of Theatre and Cinema will perform King Oedipus at the 6th Asian Theatre Schools Festival (AETC) held online due to COVID-19 in Beijing, China, from May 18 to 23. The play King Oedipus by the Hanoi Academy of Theatre and Cinema’s students will be performed at the 6th Asian Theatre Schools Festival. The festival will be held online in Beijing, China, from May 18 to 23. Photo Hanoi Academy of Theatre and Cinema The play is staged by director Bui Nhu Lai and features students from the academy. “King Oedipus is by Sophocles, who is master of ancient Greek theatre and global theatre as well,” said Lai. “The script is really a challenge for any director and performing artists because of its ideals and the complicated development of the characters,” he said. As a result, King Oedipus has not been staged in Vietnam before, according to the director. The main themes of the play are fate and free will; the conflict between the individual and the state; people's willingness to ignore painful truths; and sight and blindness. The director has modernised the work. The play focuses on the terrible tragedy of King Oedipus in the process of confrontation and determination to find the truth in the curse that he will kill his father and marry his mother. Extreme pain is… Read full this story
- Who Can Speak For Me? Israeli Theatre Assays the Palestinian Conflict, Acting As a Moral Conscience
- Edinburgh Festival
- Rome - Events Worth Attending in the Next Year
- Freelance Makeup Artist - The Basics
- What DIY Music Artists Can Do to Advance Their Career and Get the Support of Music Professionals
- Shows in London
- Lost in Venice
- Experience Toronto - 5 Spots to Discover Arts, Culture & Life
- Best Places To Retire? Where?
- Christopher Okigbo - Looking Back at His Short-lived Life and Taking Stock of His Poetic Legacy
Vietnamese theatre artists to attend online Asian festival have 305 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.