New Delhi: Vidya Balan, who is currently basking in praise after the release of her action-thriller movie 'Sherni', says she thinks every woman is a lioness in real life, much like the character she played in the film. “Every woman is a 'Sherni'. A few of them are bold and badass; while others are introverted just like Vidya Vincent, but does that make them inferior? I think they have the ability to do the right tasks in the right ways— even if that makes her liable for punishment”, says Vidya in a conversation with ANI. The actor essays the character of Vidya Vincent- an upright forest officer, who powers through the brutal beasts of social barriers set by the patriarchal society and the lackadaisical attitudes within her department. “Vincent gets a transfer in the movie but she continues to work with honesty! So, I think every woman is a 'Sherni' ,” says Vidya on the fictional story which is about the journey of a forest officer who strives for balance in a world of man-animal conflict. The actor also shared that she was excited to sign the Amit V. Masurkar directed film because of the concept that the movie will… Read full this story
- Real life and real hype blend in James Franco's first novel, 'Actors Anonymous'
- Real life 'Ballers': Who needs TV dramas when NFL has even better story lines?
- Primary preview: York County judicial candidates
- CAMPAIGN NOTEBOOK: Life imitates school for Democratic Assembly candidate Nily Rozic
- 'Faith, Family, Hard Work': Gretchen Previews New Memoir 'Getting Real'
- Hurricane Sandy: It's President Obama, not Candidate Obama, in time of crisis
- 'Depression is Real' speaks to West End angst
- MTV's reality pioneer 'The Real World' starts its 30th season
- Readers sound off on Ripa, candidates and plastic bags
- Kim Kardashian flaunts baby bump at Tyler Perry film premiere — says pregnancy is ‘getting a little more difficult’
After 'Sherni', Vidya Balan gets candid on real life lionesses have 312 words, post on zeenews.india.com at June 23, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.