Lok Janshakti Party leader Chirag Paswan on Sunday announced the launch of “aashirvaad yatra” from July 5, the birth anniversary of his father and party founder Ram Vilas Paswan, from Hajipur in Bihar, as his faction takes the fight with a rival group to the streets. Paswan’s announcement came following a meeting of the LJP national executive which endorsed his leadership and hit out at a faction headed by his paternal uncle Pashupati Kumar Paras for its work against the party’s constitution. He asserted that over 90 per cent of the national executive members were in the meeting. The decision to launch the yatra from Hajipur is significant because Ram Vilas Paswan was elected to Lok Sabha from here a number of times and Paras represents the seat now in the House. Chirag Paswan said Hajipur had been “karmabhoomi” of his father. The yatra will roll out across the state, and the party’s national council will be held after this. The executive also passed a resolution demanding Bharat Ratna for Ram Vilas Paswan.
- LJP political crisis: Chirag Paswan expels 5 MPs as rebels remove him as party chief
- Chirag Paswan Flexes Muscle With 'Ashirwad Yatra' from Father's Seat as Uncle Fumes Over 'PR Stunt'
- Chirag Paswan bristles at possible Cabinet entry for Pasupati Paras
- Chirag Paswan begins Aashirwad yatra, gets rousing welcome in Hajipur
- Explained: How Ram Vilas Paswan’s LJP slipped away from his son Chirag Paswan
- Chirag Paswan Taunts Uncle Pashupati Kumar Paras Upon Landing Cabinet Berth
- Chirag Paswan's Downfall: A Blood Feud or Nitish Kumar's Painstakingly-crafted Payback?
- ABP-C Voter Exit Poll: Chirag Paswan's LJP Fails To Impress As Third Front As Bihar Heads For Hung Assembly
- Pasupati Paras conspiring against me since father Ram Vilas Paswan was in ICU: Chirag Paswan
- Chirag Paswan Removed from Post of LJP Chief, Says Party Like Mother, Should Not Betray it
Chirag Paswan announces yatra across Bihar have 302 words, post on www.rediff.com at June 20, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.