5 When Missy and Lou Heinzer planned the renovation of their Arlington, Va., kitchen, they knew what they needed: something big enough and sturdy enough to stand up to the needs of three growing boys and their friends. They didn’t dream it would all come together in the midst of a pandemic. “We talked about remodeling our kitchen for a few years but finally decided to do it in 2019,” Missy says. “We had our plans in place and the demolition got started in March 2020, just as the pandemic began. All the walls were down when everything was shutting down, but we decided to just keep going with the project, and the contractors worked out a safety plan.” The Heinzers purchased their Craftsman-style home in 2005 when the house was three years old. Remodeling the first floor was their first major renovation on the property, although they previously did a small basement remodel for Missy’s father to move in with the family. “I love the charm of the older style of the home, and my husband was thrilled to buy a new home,” says Missy, 46, a stay-at-home mother who is active on nonprofit boards. Lou, 45, is a… Read full this story
- Pregnant Lydia Bright celebrates her 29th birthday on 'perfect' second day of her swanky baby shower complete with chocolate fountain and private dining room
- New Tarka Indian Kitchen opens today
- Actress Niecy Nash Is Ditching Her Northridge Digs
- Mother uses part of her kitchen to create a play area for her daughter, one, so the rest of the house is 'toy free' - and the DIY project cost just £200
- The Property Brothers Reveal What's Wrong With This Kitchen: Can You Spot It?
- ‘Ghost kitchens’ spring up in SF, and delivery-app customers are none the wiser
- Couple reveal how they turned their dingy backroom into a modern kitchen-diner and utility room for £33,000 on George Clarke's Old House, New Home
- Old House, New Home couple's decision to add an ultra-modern pink and lilac kitchen to their Victorian villa is branded 'criminal' - as viewers claim architect George Clarke should 'know better'
- My Sims 4 Tiny Living house includes a toilet TV, bedroom-kitchen, stray dogs
- Spa Tub, Gourmet Kitchen Perk Up $695K Ellicott City Home
Ditching the dining room for a colossal kitchen have 364 words, post on www.chron.com at June 17, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.