Mental health specialists have described the phenomena of "locked-in trauma" plaguing youngsters after more than a year of lockdowns, with children as young as five experiencing anxiety, including about playing with others. The experts also believe that some 1.5 million children and young people will need treatment for mental health problems after the waves of lockdowns and social distancing, with waiting lists on the NHS so long — up to four years in some parts of the country — that many parents are opting to pay privately for care. An investigation by The Telegraph published on Monday found specialists revealed that children had become frightened of everyday social interactions, fueled by social distancing and the fear of infection. Children's Commissioner for England Dame Rachel De Souza described it as "locked-in trauma", with youngsters experiencing difficulties readjusting to normal life, including "not knowing how to make friends anymore" and "not knowing how to talk to anyone else". Senior figures at an NHS Federation meeting admitted that their own children had experienced such behaviours as a fear of going outside. One described her five-year-old as "housebound". Another said their daughter had a panic attack after a play-date with friends. The newspaper reported that… Read full this story
- As more families own handguns, more young children die from gun-related injuries, study finds
- Salem families and young children focus of one-stop resource center
- Accused priests teach, counsel young children under the radar
- 20 years later, Columbine survivors raise children in world shaped by attack
- ‘The man who attacked me works in your kitchen’: Victim of serial groper took justice into her own hands
- Brain trauma suffered by U.S. diplomats abroad could be work of hostile foreign government
- Road to Recovery: Drugs took their children, but not their hope that others might be saved
- Pediatrician gets at least 79 years for sexually assaulting children
- David Sirota, Alleged "Twitter Attack Dog," on New Gig With Bernie Sanders
- Have US school shooting drills gone too far?
‘Locked-in Trauma’: Young Children Having Panic Attacks After Playdates have 330 words, post on www.breitbart.com at June 22, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.