High ranking officials from Việt Nam and Cambodia at an event to inaugurate a memorial complex in Bình Phước Province to commemorate Prime Minister Hun Sen’s national salvation journey. – VNA Photo BÌNH PHƯỚC – A memorial complex to commemorate Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen’s journey to rescue his country from the genocidal Pol Pot regime was inaugurated yesterday in the southern province of Bình Phước. Cambodian Deputy PM and Minister of Defence Tea Banh and Vietnamese Minister of Defence Phan Văn Giang attended the event with delegations from both countries. According to the Chairman of Bình Phước People’s Committee Trần Tuệ Hiền, the complex will commemorate important events and landmarks where PM Hun Sen first met Vietnamese militia and people in 1977 and with their help started a campaign to overthrow the genocidal regime of Pol Pot, saving millions of Cambodian lives. Construction of the complex started in May this year. Roads and other infrastructure leading to the complex also received an upgrade, which will boost trade and transportation on both sides of the border. The complex, which includes an exhibition centre on PM Hun Sen’s campaign, will serve as a symbol of Việt Nam-Cambodia friendship and a monument to sacrifices made by… Read full this story
- 9/11 memorial plaza in NYC opens to public
- 100 Years of Memorial Day Commemorations
- ISU Opens $25M Student Housing
- Memorial Day: 'Sacred Duty' perfect book for honoring heroes
- Joe Exotic: A Dark Journey Into the World of a Man Gone Wild
- Infographic: A look at Long Beach’s new City Hall complex
- Orange County remembers its fallen heroes on Memorial Day
- Louisville weather: How to beat heat on Memorial Day weekend
- Fair Oaks' Multi-Million Dollar Center Opens
- POLITICO Playbook PM: Iran to Trump: What about us?
Memorial complex dedicated to Cambodian PM's national salvation journey opens have 298 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 20, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.