A month after his resignation from the Rajya Sabha to contest the West Bengal elections on BJP ticket, Swapan Dasgupta was renominated to the House by President Ramnath Kovind to fill the seat that fell vacant due to his resignation for his remainder term till April next. Mr. Dasgupta lost the Tarkeshwar constituency to his TMC rival, Ramendu Sinharay, by margin of over 7,000 votes. He was forced to resign from the Rajya Sabha ahead of the polls after the TMC forced legal action since a nominated member cannot contest on any party ticket while continuing to hold the post in the House. TMC chief whip in the Rajya Sabha Sukhendu Sekhar Ray told The Hindu, "I do not think it has ever happened in the history of the Rajya Sabha that a person who resigned just a month back is renominated by the President of India. The government is setting a bad precedent here by throwing all parliamentary norms out of the window." Mr. Ray termed it a shameful act. "He was sent to West Bengal, protected as a leader of the BJP. After losing the battle now, he is being rehabilitated by the backdoor. The BJP, it seems,… Read full this story
- Shame - Are You Ashamed to be Ill?
- Book Review - Shame and Anger - The Criticism Connection by Brock Hansen, LCSW
- Abortion Aftermath: Putting Guilt and Shame in Proper Perspective
- Healing The Feeling Of Shame
- Enough Shame, The Pain Remians - When we Learn Better, We do Better
- Praise Always Outweighs Shame
- Beneath The Blood-Above The Shame
- Is Social Shame Crippling Your Social Life?
- Most Would Agree And Say; That's A Shame - Wouldn't You?
- The Gospel According to the Americans - Our Shame
Swapan Dasgupta back in Rajya Sabha; shameful, says TMC have 285 words, post on www.thehindu.com at June 1, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.