ENGLAND TOUR OF INDIA 2020-21 by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on Share Tweet For most parts of the last six months, many of the Indian players have been in bio-bubble © BCCI Ravichandran Ashwin has termed India’s win in the second Test in Chennai as the team’s “standout performance” of the recently-concluded series against England. The result had helped India bounce back and get parity after losing the opening Test by 227 runs , a game in which Indian players were “tired” after the tour of Australia and played “like zombies” according to India coach Ravi Shastri. India’s home Test rubber against England had closely followed a long tour of Australia – consisting of a white-ball leg followed by four Test matches – which came at the back of a nearly two-month stay in UAE for the Indian Premier League. There were less than three weeks between the England and Australia series, and bio-bubbles meant that it wasn’t easy on the cricketers. “I think the first Test in Chennai would have been different if we had a few more days off,” Shastri told Star Sports after India’s 3-1 series win in Ahmedabad. “It’s no excuse, England outplayed us there…. Read full this story
- Will surging bond markets fall to a dotcom-style bust?
- Mason Mount reveals unlikely friendship with Derby team-mate
- CABs ready for tough Redruth test
- The inside story of Alexis Sanchez's Manchester United disaster
- A misfit witch, a riotous robot and football heroes
- Film of the week: Far too busy bickering to save the world
- Hobbs & Shaw review: Far too busy bickering to save the world
- Methods of Pulis led to exit rather than mediocrity of 7th place
- Howzat! Your guide to the 2009 cricket season
- Could wooden buildings be a solution to climate change?
Team bonding because of bio-bubbles is unlike anything I've experienced - Ashwin have 289 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at June 6, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.