80% of Covid-19 patients in HCMC have no or mild symptoms Two medical workers are seen next to an ambulance. Up to 80% of the Covid-19 patients in HCMC have no or mild symptoms – PHOTO: LDO The figure was announced as part of a plan to establish two field hospitals with a total capacity of 5,000 beds at the Vietnam National University HCMC, which would accommodate newly-detected Covid-19 patients and those who develop no or mild symptoms, news site Vnexpress reported. Doctor Nguyen Tri Dung, director of the municipal Center for Disease Control, has also stated that some 1.3% of the patients in the city developed serious symptoms, while 68% were asymptomatic. These cases have caused multiple difficulties in the tracing work, Dung noted. In the coming periods, HCMC should protect people with a high risk of infection and those with underlying illnesses. They should be prioritized to be vaccinated against Covid-19. Director of the HCMC Department of Health Nguyen Tan Binh said the treatment of patients without symptoms in separate areas would help ease the pressure on the healthcare sector. In some countries, these patients have been asked to monitor their health condition at home. In HCMC, the number of… Read full this story
- Watch live: Trump and Putin take questions at joint news conference
- What’s on in Weston-super-Mare in 2018
- Latest: Trump readies for summit as Putin arrives in Finland
- Trump-Putin summit: Trump says 'I really think the world wants to see us get along'
- Trump-Putin summit: Trump declares one-on-one meeting 'a good start'
- Trump-Putin summit: Russia never interfered in US electoral process – Putin
VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 30 have 257 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at June 30, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.