Hanoi targets to have 17-18% commuters travelling by public transport in 2021 A general view of the Cat Linh-Ha Dong urban railway project, which is expected to be operational in the first quarter of 2021 – PHOTO: VNA To meet the target, the city will organize more campaigns to encourage citizens to use public transport, expand the bus system, put the first urban railway project into service and increase investment in transport infrastructure. Hanoi has planned to open 15-25 new bus routes in 2021, taking the total number of bus routes in the city to 45-55. The new bus routes will be prioritized for outlying districts, new urban areas, shopping centers, industrial parks and school zones. The city would develop bus-only lanes on some streets and prioritize buses on streets where automobiles are banned. Besides, the city will work closely with the Ministry of Transport to effectively operate the Cat Linh-Ha Dong urban railway project as well as the bus system connected to the project. The city will also tighten control over ride-hailing services, improve the quality of taxi services, rearrange the stops for shuttle buses transporting workers and students and adjust the routes of interprovincial coaches. To improve the… Read full this story
- Will Vietnam’s automobiles have to compete with cars from Laos and Cambodia?
- January’s oil & gas exploitation exceeds plan
- Iran coach cautious ahead of clash with Vietnam
- A Year in the Life of Allie Kieffer: “I Have a Lot More Confidence That I Can Run With the Leaders”
- PM Modi to embark on a 3-day Thailand visit today for Asean-related summits
- Provinces take action against disease outbreaks among cattle, poultry
- Echocardiography Training Centre opens in HCM City
- Healthcare sector strives to control epidemic
- Galaxy A8 (2018) pre-orders kick off in South Korea, on sale starting January 5
- Cashew sector seeks ways to navigate through difficulties
VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 6 have 298 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at June 1, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.