MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minnesota forward Eric Curry has decided to return for a sixth season in the program, the team announced Tuesday. The 6-foot-9 Curry was planning to serve as a graduate assistant under new coach Ben Johnson, but he changed his mind and exercised his option under the NCAA's pandemic guidelines to play an additional year. The Gophers said Curry would switch his jersey from No. 24 to No. 1. Curry, a native of Memphis, Tennessee, was forced to miss both the 2017-18 and 2019-20 seasons with knee injuries. In 78 career games, he has averaged 4.6 points, 4.0 rebounds and 18.2 minutes. Curry played in all 29 games in the 2020-21 season. "I'm so incredibly excited for Eric," Johnson said in a statement distributed by the university. "I'm happy with how he is feeling physically first and foremost, and that he is hungry to compete and lead for one more year. I know he is pumped to be able to wear the Maroon and Gold and we are just as thrilled to have him back with us." (© Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.) More On… Read full this story
- Pregame: Gophers start long stretch away from home Sunday in Vancouver
- Pregame: Gophers look to clean up turnover problems in the backcourt
- Murphy faces toughest challenge yet after breaking Gopher rebound record
- Pregame: U.S. Bank Stadium Classic will see Gophers and Oklahoma State play fast
- Pregame: Gophers to honor McBrayer's mother with patches for Wednesday's game
- Pregame: Gophers expecting more from Brock Stull with starting role Tuesday
- Pregame: Gophers help raise over $15,000 for McBrayer family after mother's death
- Pregame: No more Bates-Diop for Ohio State, but Buckeyes still big inside
- Pregame: What's the encore for Isaiah Washington's career assist game?
Eric Curry Returning To Gophers For 6th Season have 297 words, post on minnesota.cbslocal.com at July 6, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.