Google received 71,148 complaints from individual users in India in May and June combined, which resulted in the removal of more than 1.54 lakh pieces of content, as per the company’s latest monthly transparency reports. The number of complaints received in June from individual users in India was 36,265, leading to 83,613 removal actions – both the numbers were higher than the levels seen in May. In addition to reports from users, Google also removed more than 11.6 lakh pieces of content in May and June as a result of automated detection, the reports released on Friday showed. The US-based company has made these disclosures as part of compliance with India’s IT rules that came into force on May 26. In its maiden report, Google had said it had received over 27,700 complaints in April this year from individual users in India over alleged violation of local laws or personal rights, which resulted in the removal of 59,350 pieces of content. On Friday, Google said it had received 34,883 complaints in May from individual users located in India via designated mechanisms, and the number of removal actions as a result of user complaints was 71,132. These complaints relate to third-party… Read full this story
- Google just made downloading images very difficult
- YouTube revises rules to protect advertisers from offensive content again
- How to see what Google knows about you – and how to DELETE it forever
- Wall Street has never been so far behind on Netflix
- How Facebook Helps Shady Advertisers Pollute the Internet
- Where is Japan’s Aokigahara ‘suicide forest’ and what was the controversial Logan Paul video about?
- Restaurateur subjected to 'smear campaign' over use of word 'hun' to describe Rangers fans
- What the Disney/Fox deal aims to achieve
Google removed 1.54 lakh content pieces in May-Jun in India have 276 words, post on www.rediff.com at July 30, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.