Just a few weeks after Google and Samsung revealed their collaborative Wear software platform , Qualcomm has announced the Wearables Ecosystem Accelerator program, through which it aims to bring together hardware and software companies working on wearable devices and help speed up the launch of new products. Contents Forum for innovation A 5G future New Snapdragon Wear platform Segmentation Pushing consumer tech Timeframes Show 1 more item Combined, these are significant steps forward in the effort to make smartwatches that truly compete with the Apple Watch , and other exciting wearables too. Digital Trends spoke to Qualcomm's Director of Product Marketing for Wearables, Ally Choi, about the program, Qualcomm's major plans for the future of Snapdragon Wear chips, and how kids and seniors are surprisingly instrumental in driving wearable innovation. Forum for innovation "We are initiating the Wearables Ecosystem program to accelerate growth in the wearables space," Choi explained. The Ecosystem Accelerator program will be made up of companies developing products and services around the Snapdragon Wear platform, which is primarily used in smartwatches, and ranges from hardware manufacturers and network operators to software companies. It's just one part of a big push into wearables for Qualcomm, and Choi talked… Read full this story
- Digital trends set to transform how Indians consume content in 2020
- Digital payment companies fear new rules may cripple industry
- Facebook’s Bob Gruters joins Digital Trends executive team
- Digital Trends’ Jake Rossman to speak about DT Live programming at Brandlive
- First 10 things to do with your new Android smartwatch
- What Will New York Feel Like With Half a Million More People?
- Chief growth officer: How to manage digital transformation, disruption, and growth
- The Soli radar chip on Pixel 4 is stopping it from coming to India
- Australian Computer Society splashes out on four data-driven industry associations
- Coronavirus: The ongoing ripple effect throughout the gaming industry
Qualcomm Plans New Wearable Chip, Opens Industry Forum | Digital Trends have 306 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at July 20, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.