Harvesting summer-autumn rice in Can Tho Province. — VNA/VNS Photo Thanh Liem The Government should buy summer-autumn rice for temporary storage to push up consumption demand and provide security for farmers, the Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Tran Thanh Nam, has said. The price of summer-autumn rice crop in the southern region has been falling sharply due to a lack of purchasing power and the temporary closure of many processing factories caused by COVID-19. “The amount of summer-autumn rice harvested was quite big. If there is no timely policy, many people will profit at the expense of farmers," said Nam at a meeting with provincial officials. "Therefore, the Government should have a purchasing policy and temporarily store the summer-autumn rice. When the market is stimulated, rice prices will go up and farmers will be motivated to grow more autumn-winter rice,” he said. According to the deputy minister, many farmers were hesitant to sow an autumn-winter rice crop, so if the government did not purchase and stimulate the market in time, it would affect the whole year’s rice production. Le Thanh Hung, deputy head of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) Department of Crop Production said at… Read full this story
- Someone Is Making A Game Based On The Steam Summer Sale
- Steam Summer Sale Day One and More Deals
- Please Vote on Which Bonkbusters We’ll Read Together This Summer
- British government pumps £95 million into fibre broadband for selected areas
- Cautious UK government delays smart meter project by a year
- Fix for 'bonkers' IT buying will save taxpayer £3bn
- How to Have the Best Bonfire of the Summer
- Women Prep for Autumn with Craigslist Ad Seeking 'Fall Boyfriends'
- Soft drinks industry lobbies government to dilute sugar tax
- When's the best time to buy a TV, laptop or smartphone?
Government should buy summer-autumn rice: MARD have 296 words, post on bizhub.vn at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.