Few athletes have experienced as turbulent a path to success as Katarina Johnson-Thompson in the years leading to her heptathlon world-title triumph in 2019. Consecutive high-profile failures on the biggest stage in 2015, 2016, and 2017 seemed to cast her as the 'nearly woman' of British athletics, with the talent to deliver major medals but perhaps not the capacity. After relocating her life to France, she removed such doubts in spectacular style by claiming world gold and breaking Jessica Ennis-Hill's British record in the process. Now she is preparing for a shot at an Olympic title, although her preparations have been severely disrupted by an Achilles injury . Telegraph Sport speaks to the people closest to her about her path to becoming the world's best and how she overcame her demons. Having burst onto the senior stage as a wide-eyed teenager when finishing 14th at the London 2012 Olympics, Johnson-Thompson exceeded her own expectations to place fifth at the 2013 World Championships. In hindsight, she came to regret not pushing harder for a medal that was only 28 points away. Johnson-Thompson: "I'm a bit regretful I didn't say I could get a medal because if I had a bit of… Read full this story
- London Bridge attack leads UK PM Boris Johnson to promise law reforms for dangerous criminals
- Boris Johnson: gaffeur, entertainer, Brexiteer, Premier
- Trump and Johnson: two peas in a pod
- Boris Johnson declares Britain’s best days are ahead of us in defiant message to Brexit doom-mongers in EU and UK
- Veteran Hollywood Manager/Producer Larry Thompson Throws Hat In The Ring For California Congressional Run
- Khloe Kardashian rehashes Tristan Thompson and Jordyn Woods drama with epic rant
- Klay Thompson says he used to be a hoarder, details other 'silly' financial mistakes
- If Trump pardons Jack Johnson it won't be for his contribution to black America
- Actor Greg Wise tells how a witch predicted his romance with wife Emma Thompson
- Eleven Supreme Court judges rule UNANIMOUSLY that Boris Johnson's suspension of Parliament WAS unlawful - in historic ruling that sends Prime Minister's Brexit plans into chaos as Speaker Bercow vows to recall MPs 'without delay'
How Katarina Johnson-Thompson took on her demons and won - by the people who were there have 352 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.