Physical video games are going the way of vinyl. Over the past few years especially, we've seen the march towards an all-digital era pick up the pace. GameStop is struggling to stay open, services like Xbox Game Pass encourage us to trade individual purchases for a digital subscription, and new consoles like the Xbox Series S don't include a disc drive at all. In the same way that few people buy CDs in 2021, it's likely that we won't see entertainment centers lined with plastic game cases as commonly as we used to. Iam8bit isn't ready to let go of that era just yet. The entertainment company has made a name for itself by keeping physical gaming products alive. It creates elaborate packages for indies like Untitled Goose Game and Mutazione , which were previously only released digitally. It's also well-known for producing stunning vinyl soundtracks, including a four-LP Persona 5 release. It's even getting into the tabletop space now, with its first-ever board game. While other companies shy away from physical goods, iam8bit is making them more appealing than ever. I spoke to iam8bit creators Jon Gibson and Amanda White to find out why the company is so committed… Read full this story
- New fitness game rewrites the rules on how players think about, and interact with, video games
- Video game or toy? World's first Lego Super Mario can collect coins in real life
- 11 Best Couch Co-Op Video Games For Couples To Play Together This Valentine's Day
- Best cheap video game deals for March 2021: games, consoles, and gaming accessories
- Elon Musk is about to reveal ‘happy, brain-chipped monkey that controls video games with his MIND’
- Pigs are smarter than we thought. Scientists taught them to play video games
- Opinion: What cultures would we like to see more of in our games?
- Secretlab's new mecha-inspired collaboration series with QUICCS looks really cool
- E3 2021 will be a three-day digital event with remote playable game demos
- 2002 Game Hall of Fame
Iam8bit Wants Physical Video Games to be as Cool as Vinyl | Digital Trends have 337 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.