TOKYO — Tamyra Mensah-Stock of the United States defeated Blessing Oborududu of Nigeria 4-1 in the women's 68-kilogram freestyle wrestling final to claim the second Olympic gold medal ever for an American female wrestler. Mensah-Stock defeated 2016 Olympic gold medalist Sara Dosho 10-0 in the first round and beat Feng Zhao of China 10-0 by technical superiority in the quarterfinals. She defeated former world champion Alla Cherkasova of Ukraine 10-4 in the semifinals. Mensah-Stock joins Helen Maroulis as American women to win gold. Maroulis won the 53kg class in 2016. Cherkasova defeated Dosho in a bronze medal match. The other bronze went to Meerim Zhumanazarova of Kyrgyzstan.
- Gymnast Yulo has potential to win in 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- Promising karateka Bondoc eyes Tokyo Olympics
- PH weightlifting positive for Tokyo Olympics
- Filipino equestrian Syquia wins gold
- RP Blu Girls set sights on Tokyo Olympics
- Filipino boxer Anthony Villanueva shone in ’64 Tokyo Olympics
- Petecio wins gold in 2013 China Open
- Body slam for wrestling: Sport cut from Olympics
- Mark, Jack, Jerwin can win Olympic gold
- Martial artists look beyond kung fu fighting to Olympic glory
Tamyra Mensah-Stock wins gold in wrestling at Tokyo Olympics have 170 words, post on www.denverpost.com at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.