NEW ZEALAND WOMEN TOUR OF ENGLAND 2021 by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on Share Tweet Heather Knight scored a 36-ball 42 © Getty A vital partnership between Heather Knight and Amy Ellen Jones set up a tight four-wicket win for England Women as they sealed the T20I series over New Zealand in Taunton. Knight and Jones got together at a crucial stage of the run chase with New Zealand landing a couple of telling blows in the space of two deliveries. After Tammy Beaumont’s early departure, Danielle Wyatt went on a boundary-hitting spree as she struck six fours and a six to race to 35 with Natalie Sciver just being a spectator at the other end. However, Leigh Kasperek’s double strike where she removed both the batters put England in a precarious position. The England skipper, who missed the first two games due to a hamstring injury, then joined forces with Jones to stitch a vital half-century partnership that calmed the nerves in the dressing room. While Knight was watchful, Jones was the aggressor between the two as she kept fetching boundaries at regular intervals. Another 40-run partnership followed after Jones’s departure, pretty much signalling the end for the visitors…. Read full this story
- The 22 best minor characters on TV right now
- Women’s World Cup 2011 Rosters
- The best TV of 2018 so far
- Is Favre’s reputation tarnished beyond repair from scandal?
- Red Sox ultimately can’t weather Rays
- Oakland now ‘Carson’ City
- What we know after Week 4
- Around the state: Team streaks come to an end
- Ravens’ defense takes down Texans
- Giants win NFC East, beat Cowboys 31-14
Heather Knight, Amy Ellen Jones star as England seal series have 261 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at October 11, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.