Sign up for our Remote Control newsletter to receive the best of streaming in your inbox every week. Four months before it was due to be released for Christmas in 1972, Robert Evans told "Godfather" director Francis Ford Coppola that his new movie was a piece of s—t. Evans was the head of Paramount Pictures at the time and had just seen Coppola's first cut of what would become the greatest mafia story ever told. He hated it, and he had no compunction telling his young director so. Sign up for HBO Max HBO Max HBO Max Shop Now "The picture stinks," Evans told Coppola. "You shot a great film. Where the f—k is it — in the kitchen with your spaghetti? It sure ain't on the screen." I thought about that story a lot while I was watching "The Many Saints of Newark: A Sopranos Story" over this past weekend. There's a movie to be had here, and you can see it in brilliant flashes over the course of two hours. But what you see more of is the strain. David Chase, who created "The Sopranos" and will spend the rest of his career living in its shadow, has… Read full this story
- ‘The Batman’ Topping $750 Million Despite HBO Max Debut Next Week
- Watch What Happens Live: Kaley Cuoco reveals Sharon Stone sent 'sweet text' after she 'b**** slapped' her while filming HBO Max series
- REVIEW: Is The New ‘Batman’ Movie Worth Watching? The Answer Might Surprise Fans
- Fantastic Beasts 3 ending explained – your biggest questions answered
- The Future of Streaming According to Jason Kilar
- Maisie Williams: I ‘Resented’ Playing Arya Stark ‘When I Started Becoming a Woman’
- In ‘Tony Hawk: Until The Wheels Come Off’ Skateboarding Legend Takes A Beating And Keeps On Flying
- Netflix Subscriber Woes Suggest Streaming Wars Have Started to Buffer
- Golden State Warriors' Steph Curry on playing with LeBron James: 'I'm good right now'
- Jerrod Carmichael’s 'Rothaniel' Tells a Story With Silence
'The Many Saints of Newark': Answering every question about the 'Sopranos' prequel on HBO Max have 336 words, post on www.sfgate.com at October 5, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.