MANY think that research is some esoteric activity done by academics or scientists. They think it is somewhat abstract, if not abstruse. It is also thought that research is published as gobbledygook in high-brow journals that only self-selected individuals read, and that average individuals cannot access nor comprehend. This impression of research is, of course, not totally accurate. It is everywhere Indeed, a lot of academic research is arcane. But such research is not only useful, but also very usable. Research is everywhere in our daily lives. In fact, we do research in everything we think, do and act without realising it. We probably do this in a non-rigorous or systematic way. First, what is research? In simple terms, it is a systematic way of thinking about, and communicating, anything we want to know or investigate. Some research may be about questions that seem to defy answers. For example, why is there a universe? Such "why" questions are often somewhat philosophical. There are also the "how" questions: how do we solve the gravity challenge and launch spaceships to outer space? This seems quite straightforward. Now, we ask some urgent health questions like how do we solve the Covid-19 pandemic that… Read full this story
- A Stunning, Sudden Fall for Najib Razak, Malaysia’s ‘Man of Steal’
- 'This Week' Transcript 12-3-17: Sen. Mitch McConnell and Rep. Adam Schiff
- Trump Breaks With Bannon, Saying He Has ‘Lost His Mind’
- Transcript of Vice Foreign Minister Le Yucheng's Exclusive Interview with Guancha.cn
- The Best Action Movies on Netflix Right Now (July 2021) | Digital Trends
- Is The Private Jet Charter Market Ready To Be Disrupted?
- Do You Hold Your Life So Cheaply That You’d Rather Die Than Accept Science?
- These are the 100 lowest-paying jobs in America
Critical use of knowledge can bring numerous benefits have 294 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at November 14, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.