MANILA, Philippines—For the second time, the Philippines will again observe the Holiday Hazards Prevention Month in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic that continued to rage worldwide. Aside from the common holiday hazards, people are reminded by top Philippine officials and health and medical experts to remain vigilant, responsible, and keep safe—especially amid the threats and risks brought by emerging COVID-19 variants. Holiday hazards and COVID-19 The yearly commemoration of Holiday Hazards Prevention Month every December is part of the annual celebration of the Safety and Accident Prevention Year declared by Proclamation No. 115-A signed in 1966 by the late dictator Ferdinand Marcos. The proclamation aims to promote "safety consciousness" in the midst of "indisputable evidence of a considerable rise in accident occurrence every year." It also promotes the notion that prevention is better than cure in various fields each month of the year. "These accidents not only cause heavy financial losses and consequent economic dislocation among those affected and to our country at large but also immeasurable human suffering," the proclamation stated. READ: Home Safety Month: Keeping COVID and its dangers at bay Graphic by Ed Lustan Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, among the common hazards during holiday season… Read full this story
- Clinical trials confirm AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine is safe and effective
- CDC Approves COVID-19 Vaccines For Children Under 5
- FDA Advisers Vote In Favor Of Authorizing COVID-19 Vaccines For Children As Young As 6 Months
- Government says rate of Covid-19 infections on the decline
- School’s out. Will that help California get ahead of COVID-19?
- COVID-19 worsened matters in Sundarbans: UN report
- 'It’s going to be a game-changer': COVID-19 vaccines move a major step closer for children under five
- Roadmap for aviation recovery after the Covid-19 pandemic needed
- More vigilant COVID-19 permit checks needed at border airport, MP says
- Covid-19 travel insurance: How to make your claims
Celebrating the holidays safe from hazards, COVID-19 have 310 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at December 7, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.