West Bengal minister Firhad Hakim, who volunteered for the phase-3 trial of Covid-19 vaccine Covaxin, was administered the second dose on Wednesday. Hakim was administered the first dose on December 2 when the trial kick-started in Kolkata. He was the first volunteer in Kolkata. Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar, who launched the trial, had also expressed his interest to volunteer. Doctors, however, said that he had some co-morbidities. Also read: Bars, restaurants to restrict entry, limited parking at Connaught PlaceKolkata’s National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases (ICMR-NICED) was one of the institutes selected to conduct the Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation-approved regulatory trials.“The volunteer’s health parameters would be monitored over the next two weeks and he has to undergo some tests,” said a NICED official. The results of the phase-3 trial of Covaxin will be available in November 2021, ICMR-NICED officials said. An interim report may be available by May 2021.
- West Bengal government moves Supreme Court demanding free COVID-19 vaccine for all
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson gets second dose of COVID-19 vaccine as he salutes 'all our frontline healthcare workers'
- India Struggles with COVID-19 Vaccination Campaign Amid New Infection, Death Rates
- Is Covid-19 vaccine mandatory in India?
- FDA expected to authorise Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for teens within the week: Report
- Biden Agrees to Waive COVID-19 Vaccine Patents, but It's Still Complicated
- Naomi Watts takes her beloved rescue pup for a walk in New York City after celebrating her second dose of COVID-19 vaccine
- COVID-19 Vaccine Doses At Pennsylvania Convention Center Set To Expire Thursday Amid Drop In Demand
- Biden Sets New Independence Day Goal for COVID-19 Vaccinations
- COVID-19 vaccines: US to support India, South Africa’s initiative for patent waiver
Covaxin trial: West Bengal minister Firhad Hakim takes second dose of Covid-19 vaccine have 272 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at December 31, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.