West Bengal minister Firhad Hakim, who volunteered for the phase-3 trial of Covid-19 vaccine Covaxin, was administered the second dose on Wednesday. Hakim was administered the first dose on December 2 when the trial kick-started in Kolkata. He was the first volunteer in Kolkata. Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar, who launched the trial, had also expressed his interest to volunteer. Doctors, however, said that he had some co-morbidities. Also read: Bars, restaurants to restrict entry, limited parking at Connaught PlaceKolkata’s National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases (ICMR-NICED) was one of the institutes selected to conduct the Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation-approved regulatory trials.“The volunteer’s health parameters would be monitored over the next two weeks and he has to undergo some tests,” said a NICED official. The results of the phase-3 trial of Covaxin will be available in November 2021, ICMR-NICED officials said. An interim report may be available by May 2021.
- Second-largest Ebola outbreak in history spreads to major Congo city
- Modi lambasted at United India Rally
- Ebola spreads to major Congo city
- Life Begins at Sixteen
- For black New Iberians, racist policing under Ackal's watch dredges up these painful memories
- Today in History: December 12, 2018
- Pundit Perplexed with Sarri's Kante Decision
- Greater Cincinnati's biggest stories of 2018
- White Man Charged With Terrorism For Threatening Somali-Americans
- The Devastating Body Shot That Ended Canelo Vs Fielding
Covaxin trial: West Bengal minister Firhad Hakim takes second dose of Covid-19 vaccine have 215 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at December 31, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.