V deforestation in Indonesia Advertisement Satellite images of rainforest in the state of Kalimantan in Indonesia show that one of the world's largest producers of the NBC News investigation . Viscose rayon is a fabric made from the pulp of eucalyptus and bamboo trees. Since it's not made from petrochemical products, it's often billed as a greener But the way these trees are harvested can also do a huge amount of harm. For years, much of the world's viscose rayon supply has come from Indonesia, where wood suppliers have repeatedly cleared old-growth rainforests to plant trees for rayon. Like palm oil plantations, one of the biggest industrial sources of deforestation in study on palm oil plantations published in 2018 found that each hectare of rainforest converted turned into a monocrop In April Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse 25% faster than competing mice Extreme low-latency and interference reduction come together for true wireless freedom. Connect this baby through Bluetooth for the most efficient power consumption or use the hyper-speed wireless for a lag-free gaming session. Buy for $35 at Amazon "You've gone from one of the most biodiverse places in the world to what's essentially like a biological desert,"… Read full this story
- SITRA develops eco-friendly dyeing technology for denim
- Ethical shopping guide: Shop these 14 eco-friendly brands on Black Friday
- Britain’s most eco-friendly home? Posh house with grass-roofed garage and fingerprint scanner on sale for £2million
- New £40 million eco-yacht collects five TONNES of plastic from the ocean every day and recycles it to produce renewable fuel as it sails
- From rainforest to cinders: National park may take 'hundreds of years' to recover from bushfire disaster
- Boris’s girlfriend Carrie Symonds blasts ‘sick and cowardly’ trophy hunters who shoot puffins as she wears £225 sustainable eco-dress and wellies in first solo speech
- Maldives marine artwork destroyed for being a 'threat to Islamic unity'
- 'Game of Thrones' Star: This Luxury Eco-SUV Can Dethrone Tesla (Guest Column)
- The best shipping container homes from around the world
- Classic Silhouettes & loads of fun on Day 2 of Bombay Times Fashion Week
'Eco-Friendly' Fabric Is Destroying the Rainforest have 348 words, post on gizmodo.com at December 14, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.