Locals harvest sea grapes in Ninh Hải Commune, Khánh Hòa Province. VNA/VNS Photo Trần Như Hoàng, a resident of Ninh Hải Commune in Ninh Hòa Township meticulously takes care of sea grapes at his farm in the central coastal province of Khánh Hòa. He has grown sea grapes for many years and now enjoys a decent income from them. "I don't have to worry about the market for this because the demand is great. Growing sea grapes is more stable than other fishery products," he said. Each year, he earns a profit of VNĐ350 million from his 3ha farm. The money gained may not be as high as growing snails or lobsters but the demand is stable and it doesn't depend on the overseas market like other fishery products. About 40km away, local employees are busy harvesting seaweed in the vast farm of Nguyễn Quang Duy in Vĩnh Lương Commune in Nha Trang City of the same province. Visiting the seaweed processing and packing facility of Duy, one might be overwhelmed by the scale of production. At the farming area, dozens of workers each carry out their own tasks from taking care of to picking up seaweed for preliminary processing. Duy said this is the… Read full this story
- Butcher serves up BLUE sausages as Dublin meets Mayo in All-Ireland football final
- Liz Cameron: 'Some respite from the January blues'
- Scroby Sands and its seals fall under government blue belt protection zone for terns
- Blockchain for good startup Provenance partners with banks and blue chips
- Trump blues dim hopes of NAFTA election boost for Mexico rulers
- Conservative Party must reform its values to win back blue-collar votes or face years in the wilderness
- MPs call on Philip Hammond to give Brits their duty free back for trips to Europe after Brexit
- Afghanistan's wheelchair basketballers shoot to win
- Policy in the making to attract foreign investment: Bizenjo
- US aid cut: Why Pakistan shouldn't rely on China
Seaweed offers a boost for coastal provinces' blue economy have 335 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 4, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.