Two months after a lab technician was shot at in Sector 22, two persons involved in the firing were arrested in Patiala.The accused, identified as Inderpal Singh of Sector 22 and Harpreet Singh, alias Honey, of Ropar, were arrested by the crime investigation agency of Patiala police and will be brought to Chandigarh on production warrants. A .32 bore pistol used in the crime was also recovered from their possession.Amrik Singh, 48, was shot in his right thigh outside his house in Sector 22 on October 25 morning. Police said that accused Inderpal had wanted to marry the victim’s daughter, but the proposal was refused by the father.Inderpal had then hatched the plan to avenge the refusal and Harpreet had fired the gunshots. A case was registered under Section 307 (attempt to murder) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and under the Arms Act.
- Coronavirus: OPDs of PGIMER, five other government hospitals in Chandigarh closed
- Five coronavirus cases in Chandigarh: Administration bans gatherings of more than 50 people
- People stay indoors but Chandigarh administration struggles with home delivery
- Chandigarh survey: 28 graduates among 2,064 homeless
- Coronavirus spread: Some coaching centres found open in Chandigarh’s Sector 17
- Chandigarh PG fire: Probe indicts house owner, two men running illegal facility
- Son tests positive; Chandigarh Smart City official comes out clean
- Four more Covid-19 cases in Chandigarh, one in Mohali
- 7 students challenge Chandigarh administration’s crackdown on PGs in high court
- Coronavirus in Chandigarh: 23-yr-old woman stable, 119 contacts quarantined
Two held for firing at lab technician in Chandigarh’s Sector 22 have 233 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at December 31, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.