Two months after a lab technician was shot at in Sector 22, two persons involved in the firing were arrested in Patiala.The accused, identified as Inderpal Singh of Sector 22 and Harpreet Singh, alias Honey, of Ropar, were arrested by the crime investigation agency of Patiala police and will be brought to Chandigarh on production warrants. A .32 bore pistol used in the crime was also recovered from their possession.Amrik Singh, 48, was shot in his right thigh outside his house in Sector 22 on October 25 morning. Police said that accused Inderpal had wanted to marry the victim’s daughter, but the proposal was refused by the father.Inderpal had then hatched the plan to avenge the refusal and Harpreet had fired the gunshots. A case was registered under Section 307 (attempt to murder) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and under the Arms Act.
- HC dismisses bail plea of youth accused of raping minor in Chandigarh’s Sector 22
- 2 couples including traffic cop, GMCH nurse held for brawl in Chandigarh’s Sector 33
- Chandigarh administration honours frontline Covid warriors
- Chaos reigns on Day 1 of weekend lockdown in Chandigarh
- Covid shadow: Shops selling school uniforms hit hard in Chandigarh
- Wanted Dilpreet-Rinda gang shooter lands in Chandigarh Police net
- Eight succumb to Covid-19 in Chandigarh tricity area, 323 test positive
- Covid count climbs to 3,000 in Chandigarh
- Weekend closure to continue at Chandigarh’s Sukhna Lake
- Overnight rain wreaks havoc in Chandigarh’s periphery
Two held for firing at lab technician in Chandigarh’s Sector 22 have 228 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at December 31, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.