‘People of the state who bless me will give a befitting replay to the Congress.’ Upset over not being made Leader of the Opposition in the Karnataka legislative council, senior Congress leader and MLC Chand Mahal Ibrahim on Thursday said he has decided to quit the part. IMAGE: Chand Mahal Ibrahim. Repeatedly targeting Congress Legislature Party leader Siddaramaiah of whom he had been a close confidant for long, he said he would soon announce his next political move. “I’m happy that AICC ( All India Congress Committee ) President Sonia Gandhi has relieved me from the burden that was on me. I am now free to take my decision. I will soon speak to my well-wishers in the state and announce my next move. The Congress is a closed chapter for me here on,” Ibrahim said. Speaking to reporters in Bengaluru, he said he had joined the Congress for the sake of Siddaramaiah and to make him the chief minister, and recounted efforts that he put in this regard. “…..I left a leader like Deve Gowda and quit the Janata Dal, which we built for the sake of this man ( Siddaramaiah), but what he gave me?…..people of the state… Read full this story
- Xi says 'dare to struggle, dare to win' as Communist Party Congress closes
- Xi presides over 20th CPC National Congress closing session
- Xi Jinping says 'dare to struggle, dare to win' as Congress closes | World News - Times of India
- Bolsonaro caught off guard by campaign’s ugly closing chapter
- China's Xi Jinping cements power further as party congress closes
- China's Communist Party Congress closes, cementing Xi's status as 'core'
- Mumbai Crime Branch arrests five people linked to Dawood Ibrahim's gang
- Collective leadership and decision making at all levels in Congress is my goal: Kharge
- What to expect from China's party congress
- Xi Jinping Kicks Off 20th National Congress of the CPC. What to Expect This Week
C M Ibrahim: 'Congress is a closed chapter' have 311 words, post on www.rediff.com at January 27, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.