JOHOR BARU: The Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) between Malaysia and Singapore is crucial for the economic recovery of the state, and should be resumed as scheduled on Jan 21, say business groups here. Johor Indian Petty Traders and Small Business Association chairman D. Ravindran said the VTL-Land must resume before Chinese New Year for the survival of businesses here. "We really hope that both countries will agree to lift the suspension on the VTL-Land, especially with Chinese New Year drawing closer. "Chinese New Year is a very important time for businesses here as we expect to see more people from Singapore and Malaysians working there visiting Johor during the festival. "We expect to see a significant growth in our economy during and after the period. "However, this anticipated growth will not be realised if ticket sales for the VTL-Land do not resume," he said. On the reduction in the total number of ticket sales by half, Ravindran said while it is not ideal, this is still preferable to a complete freeze. "The 50% reduction may be necessary for both countries to control the spread of Covid-19, especially with the Omicron variant surfacing," he said. Echoing the same sentiment was Johor… Read full this story
- HCM City resumes travel stimulus programme for nat'l holiday
- Bollywood Unlocks: Actors Don Shields to Resume Shooting Amid New Normal in Age of COVID
- Hai Duong businesses resume operation
- Pubs, bars to resume operations
- Taxi ban resumed on 11 Hanoi streets
- PCB decides to resume cricket activities gradually, carefully in Pakistan
- Calls to SACK BBC Songs of Praise producer who compared people who sing Rule Britannia to Nazis and said the Proms anthem should be rewritten
- Barack Obama 'helped convince LeBron James to resume NBA playoffs and advised players to use the games to advocate for changes they want'
- Douglas Ross calls for 'massive' investment in transport links
- HC to resume physical hearing of cases from September 7
Calls to resume VTL programme have 316 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at January 15, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.