Washington: President Joe Biden on Thursday (January 6, 2022) accused his predecessor Donald Trump of spreading a “web of lies” to undermine U.S. democracy in a speech on the anniversary of the deadly Capitol attack by Trump supporters who tried to undo his 2020 election defeat. Speaking at the white-domed building where rioters smashed windows, assaulted police and sent lawmakers fleeing for their lives on Jan. 6, 2021, Biden said Trump’s false claims that the election was stolen from him through widespread voting fraud could unravel the rule of law and subvert future elections. “A former president of the United States of America has created and spread a web of lies about the 2020 election. He’s done so because he values power over principle,” Biden said. “He can’t accept he lost.” Biden never actually uttered his predecessor’s name during the 25-minute speech, telling reporters afterward he was trying to focus on the threats to America’s political system instead of Trump himself. The tone, including a poke at Trump’s “bruised ego,” was a departure for Biden, who has focused during most of his first year in office on pursuing his own agenda. Trump issued three statements in the hours following his… Read full this story
- We will not take it any more: US President Donald Trump tells supporters as Congress meets to certify Joe Biden win
- Donald Trump's Ex-AG Bill Barr Calls President's Conduct During Capitol Mob a 'Betrayal'
- Biden Addresses Capitol Siege: ‘Trump, Step Up’
- Dems to start impeaching Donald Trump AGAIN on MONDAY and trial ‘would begin on Biden’s inauguration day’
- Joe Biden Calls Capitol Chaos An “Unprecedented Assault” On American Democracy
- Donald Trump Tells Protesters to ‘Stay Peaceful’ After They Storm U.S. Capitol
- 15 Billionaires Donated to Super-PAC Created to Thwart Donald Trump's Chances of Re-Election
- George W. Bush slams 'violent assault on the Capitol' and blames 'falsehoods' for 'banana republic' riot - as Mitt Romney tears into Donald Trump AND Republicans who backed him saying they CAUSED it
- Trump Is Still Lying About Election Results As His Supporters Attempt A Coup
- Donald Trump recorded pleading with Georgia election official to 'find' votes to overturn Biden win
Donald Trump spun 'web of lies' about 2020 election, says US President Joe Biden a year after Capitol siege have 355 words, post on zeenews.india.com at January 7, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.