PETALING JAYA: New Covid-19 cases outnumbered recoveries again on Saturday (Jan 15), says the Health Ministry. This is the third consecutive day where there were more new cases compared to recoveries. According to Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah in the ministry's daily Covid-19 and flood update, there were 3,074 new Covid-19 cases recorded and 2,828 recoveries across the country. Malaysia's cumulative Covid-19 case number now stood at 2,805,337. However, there were also a total of 2,732,771 recoveries to date. There were 193 cases requiring treatment in intensive care units (ICU). They comprised 158 Covid-19 cases, while the remaining 35 cases were suspected, probable or still under investigation. Ninety cases require ventilator support. Dr Noor Hisham said that of the 3,074 new daily cases, 30 cases (1%) were from categories 3, 4 and 5, while 3,044 cases (99%) were from categories 1 and 2. Category 1 means a patient was asymptomatic. Category 2 was for those with mild symptoms. Category 3 cases experienced pneumonia while cases in Category 4 had pneumonia and required oxygen. Category 5 patients were in a critical stage requiring ventilator support. Of the new cases, 319 were imported cases, while 2,755 were local infections…. Read full this story
- How to help if things go wrong on holiday: A life-saving health guide in partnership with St John Ambulance to read before you head off
- NHS hospitals only received a THIRD of the £91million they billed 'health tourists' from outside of Europe last year – despite a pledge to crack down on fee dodgers
- Physiotherapy is extremely important in modern health — Ngozi Edozien, Founder, Physio Centers of Africa
- The health officials who discovered the vaping illness link
- New malaria drug 'rapidly' clears the parasite behind the killer illness and can prevent its transmission, finds 'exciting' study
- Kate's spot on - forest bathing CAN make you live longer: The Duchess is embracing the new wellness trend for immersing yourself in trees and greenery, and scientists say she's right
- 38 minutes of exercise every day 'cuts cancer of the womb risk by half'
- Gender equality scorecard shows health and caring jobs not highly valued
- DW's Health News: Even minor stress is a health risk
- New front opens in Australian bushfires, power cut to thousands
Health DG: At 3,074, new Covid-19 cases outnumber recoveries for third day running have 345 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at January 15, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.