Sony's next-generation PlayStation VR 2 headset is truly impressive. That makes it a real shame to limit it to the PlayStation 5 alone. We think Sony has much to gain by opening the PSVR 2 to PC users, too. What Is PlayStation VR 2? The PlayStation VR 2 is the successor to the PlayStation VR headset released for use with the Sony PlayStation 4. The PSVR re-used the PlayStation 4 camera and the Move controllers from the PlayStation 3 along with a special processing unit to make high-end VR possible on Sony's $399 console. At the time, a PlayStation 4 with a PSVR headset represented the most affordable way to experience high-end VR compared to the cost of a PC VR setup. However, the original headset was somewhat cumbersome and not as refined as contemporary PC VR headsets at the time. While it was smart of Sony to re-use hardware the company already had, it did result in a somewhat cobbled-together product. With the PlayStation VR 2, things are very different. It's a headset that's been designed with the benefit of hindsight and a clear idea of VR's future. Advertisement According to the official specifications released by Sony, the PlayStation… Read full this story
- Hey Sony, Please Add A Fast Forward Button To PS1 Classics
- Sony's PlayStation VR hits 3 million systems sold. Is that a lot?
- Playstation VR Review: This Is the VR System You Actually Want
- Sony's Giant List Of Video Games
- PlayStation VR sales hit 3 million units, two years after launch
- Oculus Co-Founder’s Departure Could Mean Bad Things for Facebook VR
- #PS4NoDRM: The Next-Gen Twitter Campaign That's Got Sony's Attention
- 8 Best Virtual Reality Headset To Experience VR in 2017
- Microsoft Says Sony Is Holding Back
- Sounds Like Sony Is Working On A VR Gaming Headset
Hey Sony, We Want the PlayStation VR 2 for PC VR, Too have 292 words, post on www.howtogeek.com at January 15, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.