A survey by a software engineer recruitment company has found that three-quarters of developers want permanent remote-working arrangements, for at least part of the week. Two-thirds of them say they are more productive when working from home, and it appears that Apple's policy somewhat misses the mark for most … Background Most Apple corporate employees are working from home at present, with the company having given up on predicting when they will return to the office. Back in June of last year, CEO Tim Cook announced a hybrid work plan , in which employees would work from the office three days a week, with remote working available to most the other two. Following kickback from employees who wanted greater flexibility – including the option to work remotely five days a week – Cook was initially adamant that there would be no change to the policy . The company did later make one concession: allowing staff to work fully remotely for four weeks a year , up from the two weeks originally offered. Most software engineers want permanent remote working A survey of a thousand software engineers by recruitment company Terminal found that 75% of them wanted to work remotely on… Read full this story
- Remote working and offshore centres to pick up because of COVID-19 and H-1B visa suspension
- Remote working is not going away: who wins and loses when workers stay home?
- Apple's newest iPhone feature aims to replace the car key
- Work from home: Changes in laws and rules that IT industry wants from the government
- Big tech shows the way ahead for future of working from home
- Apple's 'unwritten rules' spark discontent for some app developers
- Breakingviews - The looming war over working from home
- Microsoft Says It Will Permanently Close All Retail Stores
- Apple launches phone-based car keys, new features at developer conference
- Haggard, hunched and morbidly obese: Horrifying model reveals what you could look like if you worked from home for the next 25 years
Permanent remote working desired by most software engineers, as Apple sticks to two-day plan have 317 words, post on 9to5mac.com at January 14, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.