DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – More than one-third of those who are tested for COVID-19 are coming back positive in the DFW Metroplex. On Wednesday, Jan. 5, the Dallas-Fort Worth Hospital Council reported 2,681 patients with COVID-19 or a 165-patient increase from Tuesday in hospitalized patients with COVID-19. There were 125 pediatric COVID-19 patients in area hospitals on Wednesday, which is an increase of 22 pediatric COVID-19 patients from Tuesday. This represents 19.4% of available bed capacity. The council also reported they have adult staffed ICU beds available of 73 and COVID-19 patients account for 32.3% of adult ICU patients. "We continue to see our COVID-19 hospitalizations increase every day," said Stephen Love, President and CEO Dallas-Fort Worth Hospital Council. These numbers according to Love are the highest since the end of September, "What is does is put a real strain on staffing." Staffing that is in short supply as Love said there's several reasons why this is as COVID-19 fatigue is setting in along with retirements, nurses joining traveling agencies or staff getting sick themselves. "Our staff live in the community so with 14,000 employees there's really no way for us to avoid our folks getting infected with COVID and having… Read full this story
- Two dead after car crashes into North Carolina restaurant
- Businesses are leading the way in helping the North East region to thrive and succeed
- Staff shortage threatens emergency unit
- Water shortages causing wildlife damage inevitable if major pipe replacement not done, says Environment Agency
- Daisy Hill Hospital given £1.65m investment
- Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu 'rushed to hospital with high fever'
- Online crowdfunding for funerals rise by third in a year: 'We had to beg for money to bury Mum'
- Hospital reduces ‘bed-blocking’ but says there is still ‘a long way to go’
- Russian TV reporter sneaks into Salisbury hospital where Sergei Skripal is being treated
- Protesters gather at Alfie Evans hospital
Staffing Shortages Stifle North Texas Hospitals As COVID-19 Cases Rise have 309 words, post on dfw.cbslocal.com at January 5, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.