Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy speaks of a ‘historic week’ as Kyiv awaits EU candidate status Moscow says its forces seized the village of Metiolkine near Sievierodonetsk Austria to reopen coal plant due to reduced gas deliveries from Russia EU foreign ministers are meeting to discuss ways to free grain stuck in Ukraine due to a Russian blockade This live updates article is closed. For the latest on Russia’s invasion, please click here . Germany, France call on EU member states to approve candidate status for Ukraine, Moldova At a meeting of EU foreign ministers in Luxembourg Monday, Germany’s Annalena Baerbock and her French colleague Catherine Colonna called on member states to approve EU membership candidate status for Ukraine and Moldova at the bloc’s upcoming summit on June 23-24. Baerbock said not to do so at this “historic moment” would be a “fatal decision.” Colonna urged “immediate candidate status” for both countries. Still, other countries, such as Austria, were cool toward the idea, arguing the bloc should not give the impression that the two are being put in “the passing lane” while countries in the Western Balkans are forced to wait. Austrian Foreign Minister Alexander Schallenberg said his country expects, “a clear signal to the… Read full this story
- Tourists are FINALLY back in Benidorm: Sunseekers return to Spain's beaches as country declares Brits will be allowed in from next week (but the Germans are there already!)
- 'The marriage is over!' Kanye West and Kim Kardashian 'have been considering a divorce FOR WEEKS' prior to the rapper's Twitter meltdown amid fears for his mental health
- Tuesday briefing: EU strikes deal on Covid recovery
- Trump's assault on election integrity forces question: What would happen if he refused to accept a loss?
- Police impose a 5pm curfew on Black Lives Matter protests in London and promise violence 'will not be tolerated' after last week's violent rally - as leaders cancel march amid fears of clashes with pro-statue protesters
- Brexit: Germany's Steinmeier hopes UK leaves before EU elections
- State of the union address: Obama lays down gauntlet – as it happened
- With the Dollar Facing Collapse, What Are the Candidates to Replace It?
- Special Report: In British PM race, a former Russian tycoon quietly wields influence
- Exclusive: Ex-Russian arms tycoon quietly wields influence in British PM race
Ukraine awaits EU candidate status, Zelenskyy declares 'historic week' — as it happened have 379 words, post on www.dw.com at January 20, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.