The airline, which competes against Qantas Airways Ltd, said it would cut some flight frequencies and suspend 10 routes temporarily. Australia on Monday surpassed 1 million Covid-19 cases, with more than half of them recorded in the past week, as the Omicron variant ripped through most of the country driving up hospitalisation numbers and putting a strain on supply chains. Virgin Australia Chief Executive Jayne Hrdlicka said the surge in Covid-19 cases had affected customer confidence. “Virgin Australia remains focused on growing its network and consumer reach and will resume services as soon travel demand improves,” she said in a statement. The airline said in November it would add seven more Boeing Co 737 NG planes to its fleet, nearly restoring it to pre-pandemic levels, to help meet a goal of obtaining a one-third share of Australia’s domestic travel market.
- Staffing Shortages Stifle North Texas Hospitals As COVID-19 Cases Rise
- Volunteers back in action as COVID-19 cases rise in Karnataka
- No standing passengers will be allowed in Delhi Metro trains, says DMRC as COVID-19 cases rise
- No weekend lockdown in Mumbai for now; night curfew imposed in Maharashtra as COVID-19 cases rise
- COVID-19 | Cases rise over 6-fold across country in last 8 days, sharp rise in positivity rate a concern: Health Ministry
- Delhi shuts National Zoological Park temporarily as COVID-19 cases rise
- India extends ban on public events in election states as Covid-19 cases rise
- Haryana shuts cinema halls, multiplexes till January 12 in six more districts as COVID-19 cases rise
- Many Thailand Elite Card members cancel travel plans as Covid-19 cases rise
Virgin Australia to cut capacity by 25 pct as Covid-19 cases rise have 251 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at January 10, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.