From Delhi to Hyderabad to Tamil Nadu, the 216-foot-tall statue of Vedic philosopher and social reformer Ramanujacharya has caused many to sit up and take notice. Located on the outskirts of Hyderabad, it was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 5 . If there was a message in the name of the structure, 'Statue of Equality', and in the BJP 's latest act of homage to the philosopher-reformer; there was another in Modi's use of Tamil at the event; and also in Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao's decision to skip it. Had the honour of inaugurating the Statue of Equality in Hyderabad. pic.twitter.com/IuyEjwhRE8 — Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) February 5, 2022 Once considered among the fence-sitters in a Parliament bitterly divided between pro-BJP and anti-BJP sides, Rao's Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) has been increasingly tilting towards the latter. Its anti-Centre stand has become ever more strident as the BJP makes inroads in Telangana. In the washed out Winter Session, the TRS had frequently held up proceedings and staged a walkout to shift the heat from it to the Centre over the failure to procure bumper paddy. The change in cadre rules giving the Centre more powers over postings of… Read full this story
- ASEAN must get its national-regional balance right
- New calculation method forecasts more moderate CPI
- Huge VN-China trade figure differences cause for concern
- Gender Equality: Picture it!
- The difference of Vietnam-US relations in senior diplomat’s eyes
- Numerous events mark National Day
- ASEAN leaders sign regional charter
- Nation ready to coordinate in using water resources
- National Assembly discusses measures to promote labor export
- National Assembly and Fatherland Front seal bonds
Statue of Equality: National to regional, the many different calculations have 272 words, post on indianexpress.com at February 9, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.