NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope has captured many stunning images over its lifetime – here are five of the most mind-blowing. First conceived in the 1940s, the Hubble Space Telescope (or just Hubble for short) was launched by the US space agency on April 24, 1990. Named after astronomer Edwin Powell Hubble (1889–1953), the instrument currently hovers about 340 miles (547 km) above Earth’s surface and completes 15 orbits a day. It is one of Nasa’s four great observatories, along with the Compton Gamma Ray Observatory, the Chandra X-ray Observatory, and the Spitzer Space Telescope. Numerous scientific observations that have furthered man’s understanding of the universe are can be credited to Hubble. And while the telescope’s list of achievements is long, some of its most notable feats include helping astronomers determine the age of the universe and observing the rate at which it is expanding. Read more on Hubble STAR BURST Nasa reveals stunning image of space TRIANGLE made by tsunami of star births Nasa has called the instrument one of humanity's greatest scientific inventions. Since its launch, the device has made more than one million observations. Many of which include detailed pictures of the birth and death of stars, and galaxies billions… Read full this story
- Spitzer Space Telescope uses infrared light to image a stellar playground
- Nasa plots mission to find a SECOND Earth in distant star systems with giant folding space telescope
- Tears, fears and Doggos: Best PlayStation games of the past decade (2010 - 2019)
- Gaming’s biggest trends of the past decade
- Who Should Pay for the Mistakes on NASA’s Next Big Telescope?
- Hubble investigates new type of super-puff planet with texture of cotton candy
- Even SPACE is feeling festive! Stunning 'cosmic candy cane' appears at center of the Milky Way in colorful composite image from NASA camera
- Ten years in space: Remembering a decade of achievements in the final frontier
- NASA investigating first alleged crime in space — report
- End of the space shuttle programme spells disaster for local economy
Five MIND-BLOWING Hubble Space Telescope images from the past decade have 326 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 11, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.