(Image: AP) If the Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, the legal and culture wars over abortion that have consumed the United States for decades would increasingly be fought on a new front: abortion pills. Medication abortion — a two-drug combination that can be taken at home or in any location and is authorized for use in the first 10 weeks of pregnancy — has become more and more prevalent and now accounts for more than half of recent abortions in the United States. If the federal guarantee of abortion rights disappears, medication abortion would likely become an even more sought-after method for terminating a pregnancy — and the focus of battles between states that ban abortion and those that continue to allow it. "Given that most abortions are early and medication abortion is harder to trace and already kind of becoming the majority or preferred method, it's going to be a big deal," said Mary Ziegler, a visiting law professor at Harvard. "It's going to generate a lot of forthcoming legal conflicts because it's just going to be a way that state borders are going to become less relevant." About half the states are expected to quickly make all… Read full this story
- Jeezy Talks ‘Recession 2,’ Verzuz, and Rap Music in a Post-Trump America
- Anti-abortion group fighting back after university senators say their opinions are 'hateful,' not 'equal'
- Kim Kardashian writes ‘just focus on you’ in cryptic posts during marriage crisis with Kanye West
- Melania Trump, like America, may be more in love with President Trump than his critics would hope
- Nicki Minaj SLAMS the Grammys for failing to name her Best New Artist in 2012... as she says 'Kiss my ___' in a cheeky Instagram post
- US Catholic leaders call on Biden to 'repent' ahead of presidency as Archbishop of LA Jose Gomez says Democrat's support of marriage equality and abortion could create 'confusion about what the church teaches'
- Right-Wing Extremists Compare RBG to Hitler, Celebrate Death of 'Mass Murdering Hag'
- President Trump invites Michigan GOP leaders to White House
- Trump seems to acknowledge Biden win, but he won't concede
- Mitch McConnell calls for ‘orderly transition to next administration’ as Lindsey Graham fist-bumps Kamala Harris
Abortion Pills Stand to Become the Next Battleground in a Post-Roe America have 364 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at May 5, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.