An apparent iPhone eSIM bug is randomly deactivating iMessage and FaceTime . In some cases, the only resolution appears to be to install a physical SIM. Bloomberg' s Mark Gurman experienced the issue with T-Mobile, but others report they've experienced the same issue with other carriers … What is an eSIM? An eSIM is a chip built into the iPhone motherboard. Apple first brought eSIMs to the iPhone with the launch of the iPhone XR and XS in 2018. eSIMs offer two key benefits: an easier setup process and the ability to use two phone numbers on one phone by using both a physical and eSIM. As of the iPhone 13, Apple removed the need for a physical SIM even with two numbers. iPhone eSIM bug Gurman tweeted his experience of having to resort to obtaining a physical SIM after other troubleshooting steps failed. There is a very nasty iPhone and @TMobile bug where iMessage and FaceTime for a device's phone number will randomly deactivate and there is no way to reactivate it. The only solution that worked for me is getting a new physical SIM card. An extremely disappointing issue. Thank you to the T-Mobile store rep who was… Read full this story
- The changing landscape of fashion photography in a COVID-19 world
- The show must go on: WWDC goes virtual for the first time in history, Apple announces June 22 for megaevent
- Google will now directly offer RCS features instead of waiting on carriers
- We Asked 10 Black-Car Drivers If They Prefer Working for Lyft or Uber — Here’s Why Lyft Won By a Landslide
- Every country and carrier that supports Google RCS
- Coronavirus: 'Phone apps helped me spend time with my dying mum'
- From the Editor's Desk: OK with getting it wrong
- GTA 5 cheats: all console commands
- Beyond ‘Animal Crossing:’ What those making your favorite games are playing
- Innovation or hype? Ars examines Nokia’s 41 megapixel smartphone camera
iPhone eSIM bug randomly deactivating iMessage and FaceTime, requiring physical SIM have 311 words, post on 9to5mac.com at May 20, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.