PETALING JAYA: Investigations into the case involving Court of Appeals Judge Datuk Mohd Nazlan Mohd Ghazali has been completed, says the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC). “The probe that began in March has been finalised after collecting related evidence according to the fixed guidelines and procedures,” the anti-graft authority said in a statement on Saturday (May 21). ALSO READ: Nazlan probe: High Court sets June 23 to hear application to refer questions of law to apex court The MACC added that the investigation papers had been presented to the Attorney General's Chambers on May 18 for further review and action. It was reported that the MACC had on April 29 defended its decision to investigate Mohd Nazlan, saying that it had the authority to do so against any “officers of public bodies”. ALSO READ: A mysterious enclave no more The MACC investigations came following claims by blogger Raja Petra Kamaruddin, alleging that there were funds transferred to Mohd Nazlan’s account during his time as the group general counsel and company secretary of Maybank. ALSO READ: Lawyers file legal action against MACC over investigation into senior judge Mohd Nazlan lodged a police report against Raja Petra on April 21, denying the accusations,… Read full this story
- Ukraine opens probe over Russia's railway bridge to Crimea
- Bailey bridge tower collapse in Pune: Panel directed to complete inquiry in four days
- Corruption-accused public servant Paul Whyte in hospital after incident at home amid WA probe
- Turkey detains 7 in probe into Ghosn fleeing bail in Japan
- NASA says its has lost contact with mini-satellite probing nearby stars for unseen planets
- Lucknow Court Grants Bail to Four Arrested by UP Police After Probe into Anti-CAA Violence
- Jamia University submits fresh report to MHRD, demands judicial probe into police action
- K-P govt rejects opposition’s demands for Peshawar BRT probe
- Spy Craft or Space Junk? Harvard Researchers Say Interstellar Object May Have Been An 'Alien Probe'
- SITs to be set up to probe anti CAB violence in UP
MACC completes probe on Mohd Nazlan have 320 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at May 21, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.