ANOTHER popular holiday hotspot has reopened to Brits. The UK government has lifted its advice warning against all but essential travel to Sri Lanka . Up until today, Brits had been warned to stay away from the stunning shores of the South Asian country due to an ongoing economic crisis. However, the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office’s website now states that the situation is "challenging", and gives advice on how visitors can keep safe. This includes staying "vigilant", avoiding protests and keeping up-to-date on local information. It is change from their previous advice which advised against “all but essential travel” due to civil unrest in the country, caused by shortages of essentials like fuel and medicine. HOLIDAY NEWS AMERICAN DREAM Holiday boost as US scraps strict Covid rules this week SAVE IT Five ways you can save £500 when flying during the summer holidays They had stated: “The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advises against all but essential travel to Sri Lanka, due to ongoing political and economic instability. “This advice does not apply to airside transit through Sri Lanka's international airport.” Brits who go against the advice of the Foreign Office risk having their travel insurance voided if… Read full this story
- Steam helped one indie movie find a major audience, but couldn’t escape a ban in China
- 'Get to Britain before Brexit': 21 MORE migrants are caught trying to cross Channel in tiny dinghys a day after record 93 made the journey as people smugglers tell them border will close after UK leaves the EU
- Sumo: martial art or fight in a pub doorway?
- Divided Europe seeks a long-term answer to a refugee crisis that needs a solution now
- Fortnite Season 6: start date and exact time, theme, map changes, leaked skins and more
- New quests, updates & more: everything that's coming to Runescape in 2017
- The best Minecraft maps
- Spring Break Q&A
- Metroid: Other M Walkthrough
- Premature Evaluation: Airport CEO
Holiday boost as UK travel ban lifted for popular beach destination have 321 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at June 10, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.