UK holidaymakers are facing further disruption after two Italian unions called for a nationwide crew strike. Pilots and flight attendants from airlines including Ryanair, easyJet and Crewlink are striking for four hours from 10am until 2pm, according to Italian media. Unions Italian Federation of Transport Workers (FILT) and Italian Union of Transport Workers (UILT) said the strike is over pay disputes, non-payment of sick days, summer leave and a “lack of water and meals for the crew”. UILT said that if an agreement is not reached, “this will be only the first of a series of protest actions that will make the summer ‘hot'”. Ea syjet has warned its customers that there may be some disruptions to its schedule. In a statement, the airline said: “We advise customers due to travel to, from or within Italy on June 8 to check the status of their flights on our Flight Tracker on our mobile app or website at www.easyjet.com/(Your flight number). Read More On Travel Chaos GROUNDED Holiday flights could take 18 MONTHS to return to normal GOING NOWHERE Brits face summer travel hell with airport chaos, rail strikes & soaring fuel “Although this is outside of our control, we would like to reassure customers that we… Read full this story
- Downing Street denies reports of preparing no-deal Brexit holiday warnings
- Motorists warned to avoid M25, M6 and M40 over Christmas
- Ryanair strike dates 2019 – what are the latest walkout dates and why are cabin crew striking?
- Gatwick Airport news – is your flight cancelled and how do you get compensation for delays?
- Gatwick Airport flight drone cancellations – can you get compensation if your flight is delayed or cancelled?
- Holiday mistake that could leave you £1,797 out of pocket this year
- Gatwick drone chaos delays hit 120,000 passengers as families reveal the disappointment of missing festive trips
- Ryanair strike dates 2019 called off – why were cabin crew striking and will it still affect flights?
- EasyJet passengers delayed for 24-hours after being forced to get off flight TWICE – leaving hundreds ‘cold with no food’
- Ryanair strike dates 2019 – what are the latest walkout dates and why are cabin crew going on strike?
Holiday warning – popular European destination hit by airline strikes causing delays have 350 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at June 8, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.