The House committee investigating the Capitol riot plans to focus its hearing on Thursday on the pressure that Donald Trump put on his vice president, Mike Pence, in a last-ditch and potentially illegal plan to stop Joe Biden's election victory. Trump seized on the unorthodox proposal from conservative law professor John Eastman to have Pence turn back the electors when the vice president presided over Congress to certify the election results on January 6, 2021. Traditionally, January 6 is a ceremonial day, a procedural step tallying the presidential vote. But Eastman's highly unusual plan — "bold," he called it — was to have alternative slates of electors submitted to Congress, leaving Pence no choice but to return them to the states to sort it out. Biden would be denied a majority and Trump could win. As the defeated Trump watched dozens of court cases challenging the 2020 presidential election collapse, he turned to the Eastman plan as a last resort to stay in office. "John (Eastman) is one of the most brilliant lawyers in the country and he looked at this," Trump told thousands of supporters at a rally near the White House before sending them to the Capitol on… Read full this story
- Joe Biden must release the results of his cognitive tests — voters need to know
- Joe Biden Says President Trump Exercises ‘No Leadership’ On Coronavirus Response While Campaigning In Delaware County
- Joe Biden Releases 8-Point Plan To Safely Reopen Economy During West Philadelphia Visit
- Joe Biden Election Campaign Discloses Over One Third of Staff People of Colour, Majority Female
- Donald Trump, Joe Biden fight for primacy on social media platforms
- Who could be Joe Biden's vice-presidential candidate?
- The Mystery of Joe Biden's Appeal: Why Ex-Vice President is Leading Trump in Race for White House
- Study: Joe Biden’s Public Option Could Close Half of American Rural Hospitals
- Trump sought Chinese President Xi Jinping's help to win re-election, reveals Bolton’s book
- Stacey Abrams Is the Only Vice Presidential Pick for Joe Biden. Here’s Why.
NEWS18 EXPLAINS: The Last-Ditch Plan to have Mike Pence Stop Joe Biden Win US Presidential Election have 332 words, post on www.news18.com at June 16, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.