AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content. Apple moving orders from lockdown-hit factories and suppliers has led iPhone manufacturer Foxconn to report its highest Q1 net income since 2014. The Chinese government’s zero-tolerance coronavirus lockdowns have hit around half of Apple’s top 200 suppliers in or near Shanghai. Yet Foxconn has avoided some lockdowns, even as areas close to its factories have been affected , and now has seen a marked increase in earnings. According to the Financial Times , Foxconn has now reported its highest first-quarter net income in eight years. It’s specifically because of firms such as Apple moving their orders to Foxconn and away from lockdown-affected alternative suppliers. “The fallout from the pandemic on logistics is sizeable,” Young Liu, chair of Foxconn, said in an earnings call on May 11, 2022. “There are many variables in the market due to the pandemic, the supply chain, geopolitics and inflation.” “Normally under these kinds of circumstances we would be more cautious,” continued Liu. “But most recently, our visibility has improved.” Liu means that Foxconn is optimistic following… Read full this story
- Apple iPhone sales drop at record rate; Here is why!
- Nine things we learned from Apple's monster financial results
- Out Today: iPhone 11, Apple Watch Series 5, Samsung Galaxy A50
- Chinese iPad and iPhone Manufacturer Rallies On, Despite Worker Suicides
- Apple Arcade: The full list of games for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and iPod Touch (updated)
- iPhone 10th anniversary: Ten ways the iPhone has changed the world in the last decade
- Apple boosted by trade deal prospects
- Trade deal removes major hurdle for rally in Apple and tech
- Apple worth $1 trillion looks ready to happen
- Price of iPhones ‘to jump £110’ just before Christmas as Trump tariffs loom
Apple's iPhone order shift to beat China lockdown boosted Foxconn's earnings have 300 words, post on appleinsider.com at July 29, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.