Rep. Joo Ho-young, center, interim chief of the People Power Party (PPP), and other members of the PPP's emergency steering committee bow in apology for turmoil within the party at the National Assembly in Yeouido, western Seoul, Thursday. [NEWS1] Rep. Joo Ho-young, interim chief of the People Power Party (PPP), apologized for the turmoil in the party’s leadership Thursday. The party’s emergency steering committee held its first meeting that morning at the National Assembly after formally ousting former chief Lee Jun-seok, who received a six-month suspension last month over sexual bribery allegations. “We sincerely apologize to the public and party members,” said Joo, “and we’re self-reflecting for failing to resolve the conflict and division within the party and for allowing the situation to evolve into a legal dispute.” The members of the committee bowed in apology at the start of the meeting. Joo also apologized for inappropriate behavior and remarks by some party members and for not being able to help President Yoon Suk-yeol’s government stabilize. “Let’s do our best to restore trust from the public by leading a successful emergency steering committee and ensure that a proper leadership stabilizes at an early stage,” said Joo. “We must unite,” he… Read full this story
- Germany's World Cup exit is 'bitter' shock
- 1999 One Lap of America: A Persistence of Things Fast
- 'Positive' Pogba not bitter towards media, says Varane
- Blake Griffin Isn’t Bitter. Detroit Has Made Him Better.
- England top women's T20 tri-series table after mixed day
- Matt, Mark and Mitch: Odd Offensive Triumvirate Tries to Bring Back Bears
- 10 moments to remember from the fall high school sports season
- Alexandre Lacazette delivers moment of quality in Arsenal's hard-fought, ugly 3-2 win over Cardiff
- Alexandre Lacazette delivers moment of quality in Arsenal's hard-fought, ugly win over Cardiff
- Alexandre Lacazette delivers moment of quality to hand Arsenal hard-fought, ugly win over Cardiff
Bitterness persists as PPP tries to move beyond Lee Jun-seok have 311 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at August 18, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.